Committee Mtg Minutes

Wilmslow Guild Walking Group

Minutes of Committee meeting held at 10am Tuesday 9th July 2019 at Wilmslow Guild

1. Present
Beverly Harrison, Donald Henderson, Carol Mclaughlin, Bob Swinburne.
2. Apologies
Angela Legge, Peter Attwell
3. Minutes of Previous Meeting
Accepted and approved for 10th December 2018.
4. Minutes of AGM
Accepted and approved for 11th January 2019.
5. Walking Programme
DH will send out the Autumn programme to all members wc 15th July 2019.
New Members Walk
Committee have decided to rename to, Introduction to Walking, and to bring the walk forward to September instead of October.
A local walk from Lindow Common to Mobberley. Rather than try to organise a lunch it was decided to participate in a drink at the Boddington Arms at the end of the walk.
CM will liaise with Peter Riley (member) to lead the walk; Peter Riley has already got a walk recce of the area.
BS will design a flyer for the notice board once the walk date is finalised.
Christmas Meal
DH will organise and lead on Tuesday 10th December 2019 at the Marple Bridge Inn.
Mince Pie Walk
PA will organise and lead on Sunday 29th December 2019. A modest contribution will be asked for from attending walkers.
6. Walking Holiday June 2019
Ten members attended HF in Sedbergh and everyone enjoyed the week.
9th May 2020 Lake Garda is the venue. Ten members have already booked.
Several members have requested a yearly European venue instead of alternating with the UK, this will be discussed at the next AGM.
7. Membership
41 active members to date.
8. Finance
Current balance is £66
Communications / Notice Board
AL updates regularly with information along with copies of the walking programme.
Wilmslow Guild Walking Group
Minutes of Committee meeting held at 10am Tuesday 9th July 2019 at Wilmslow Guild.
Page 2 of 2
9. Communications & Website
PA attended a meeting with the Principle to discuss various reasons not to be taken directly under the Guild website, the principal was sympathetic and fully understood our concerns. Nothing more has been heard from the Guild.
10. AGM Arrangements
Friday 9th November 2019 7pm at Wilmslow Guild.
PA will organise drinks
CM and AL will organise nibbles
11. A.O.B.
BS will email PA regarding updating website to include addition of the constitution and BS to be listed as Treasurer.
CM and Lynn Davies (member) will organise a short walk and lunch late October/ early November to celebrate Joyce Smith's 90th birthday.
Simon Duffy did an excellent presentation to members on the use of the mobile app View Ranger. Several other members have since expressed interest.
Committee will discuss with Simon regarding another suitable date.
12. Date of next meeting.
No date proposed.

Carol McLaughlin
Secretary

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License